[Vtigercrm-developers] Has anyone actually tried to "install" vtiger 6.5.0 on Ubuntu 16.04?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 12:50:23 GMT 2016

This is interesting (not).

I can get a migrated vtiger system to run on Ubuntu 16.04 fine but
installing a clean one seems to fail at several hurdles the last of
which I give up on trying to trace right now:

1. MySQL 5.7 SQL Mode defaults are too strict for vtiger's code (see:
http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/202)

Anyway, turning all errors that I can so I can get past the initial
installation screens (error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED) I get to
the point of choosing my Industry (does everyone always choose
Accounting ;-) ) and starting the installation after the very briefest
of progress bars then I get an "empty" installation screen with no
errors logged anywhere.

Me thinks PHP7 still isn't really supported...

Cheers