[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 7 Features (preliminary list)

Błażej Pabiszczak b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
Tue Oct 25 12:36:40 GMT 2016

@Sreenivas

Right now this is your situation:

 	* Nobody develops the system [285 changes in a year... most of them
are minor fixes], this is how you develop a system that's downloaded
10.000 times per month? Which means that the dev community doesn't exist
[it's 1 change per day on average, which takes about 15~30 mins, and a
half of these changes were made by the community], everyone who uses the
system is some micro company, and 99% of them only tests the system and
doesn't actually use it. The producer and the whole community has the
development potential of 1 developer who works 1/5th of the full time
hours ?
 	* Nobody fixes errors [180 issues at code.vtiger.com, hundreds of
errors reported on the forum, hundreds of errors ignored on the mailing
list, several dozens of unpatched critical security errors]. I'm not
even going to talk about the 42.545 errors SensioLabsInsight shows, and
the errors that people no longer report because they realized it's
pointless.
 	* Lack of communication with the community [you only answer some
selected threads on the mailing list, and only when you're absolutely
forced to do so]
 	* You keep generating worse and worse quality code. This community
doesn't have anybody who'd supervise whether or not the level of
introduced changes is high enough.
 	* Socket based mechanisms [eg. Notification, Global search, Email
Campaigns] will never be included in the CE version, even though they
are the base for many CRM class systems. You develop the OD version in
such a way that it's impossible to move it to the CE version, despite
the fact that many years ago you said that OD and CE are the same
versions, the only difference was going to be update frequency... what's
the reality here?

So my question is - WHAT'S GOING TO CHANGE IN 2017?!?

@ALAN & @SIMONE

in our system it works on 3 levels:

 	* Level0 - Company/Contacts [Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Partners,
Vendors, Competition]
 	* Level1 - Process [Campaigns, Opportunities, Projects, Service
Contracts, Bookkeeping]
 	* Level2 - Subprocess

	* Opportunities

 	* Sales enquiries
 	* Sales requirements
 	* Calculations
 	* Quotes
 	* Sales Orders
 	* Recurring Sales Orders

	* Projects

 	* Project tasks
 	* Project milestones

 	* etc.

Level0 is mapped based on mail addresses, levels 1 & 2 are mapped based
on prefixes. The whole thing is integrated with mail client and mail
scanner.

In Vtiger you can have whatever you want, the problem is that nobody
adds changes to Vtiger, and the producer himself doesn't verify them,
doesn't fix them, and what's worse - doesn't even use his own product.
There are no clients who use this version. I deployed Vtiger in a few
hundred of companies, and nobody had ever used the built in mail,
because it's impossible to use it... how can you offer mail like this to
your clients?

---
Z poważaniem / Regards

BŁAŻEJ PABISZCZAK
_Chief Executive Officer_
M: +48.884999123
E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
-------------------------

YetiForce 3.0 LTS has arrived! Test [2] the latest, most innovative open
source system in the world, and join [3] our community.

http://www.vtiger.com/

  --

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente
necessario!

  --
Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente
necessario!
http://www.vtiger.com/
http://www.vtiger.com/

Links: