[Vtigercrm-developers] extend Validation engine (Ajax)

Preexo preexo at googlemail.com
Fri May 27 02:21:05 GMT 2016

Alan Lord (News) wrote
> In 5.4.0 we did have a very unobtrusive tool called JSValidation which
> worked well and could be written with little or no core code changes but
> the way JSValidation worked was totally incompatible with the v6
> architecture unfortunately. From my investigations it seems to be almost
> impossible in version 6 to do this.

Oh wow, that's sad to read. Can we define what the problem is a bit more?
Then maybe we can make this one of the improvements that we just have to add
to the core on code.vtiger.com.

To me it sounds like we could work with the data-validation-engine tag, it
just needs to be customize-able, but that would require changes in every tpl
file ever created.

I have trouble seeing the bigger picture and understanding how the vtiger
validator engine actually works... How does it know which validator to
choose, there are so many.

Alan Lord (News) wrote
>> Currently my thoughts were going like this:
>> - I add a hook to the user interaction of clicking the save button
>
> What about editing a field in Detail or Summary view?

Absolutely, my solution is terrible, lol... but it was the quickest and most
easy thing to reach