[Vtigercrm-developers] Ability to create new Quote without initially specifying a product?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 12:05:44 GMT 2016

I have a requirement to be able to generate a new Quote record
automatically (Event Handler or Workflow function) and I do not, always,
want to include a Product or Service.(The user will do that later on.

I changed the setting in vtiger_field for the productid field to V~O but
on-screen this is still a mandatory field - suggesting that it is
hard-coded somewhere...

Has anyone else ever done this before?

It seems daft to have to create a "dummy" product with a price of 0 just
to save a Quote...

This will be in the new v7 but if anyone has done it in v6 that would be
helpful.

Cheers