[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger 7 preview

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 10:03:05 GMT 2016

On 15/12/16 08:50, ptdesigner wrote:

> And the more obvious bugs? Submit them as well?
> Can you share the ones you are already aware?

+1

This crossed my mind too last night.

In the last 2 days 32 new bugs have been reported for v7.

I have a few general comments.

1. Please let bug reporters tag the issue to a branch or milestone - it
seems daft that we have to include the version in the description/title.

2. A great many of these very obvious bugs *must* have already been
dealt with or On-Demand would be unusable.

3. I noticed that Prasad made another merge request the other day to the
7.0.0 branch but it was *huge* and was just basically a fresh "dump" of
a complete codebase... Sorry, but this is really hard for us to work
from. We have absolutely no idea what this merge request was for and/or
what bugs it fixes. Please can you either:

a) Create a new branch when you do this with a version suffix of some
kind, e.g. 7.0.0-{a,b,c,d) and a clear description of why it was done;

OR

b) Not do this at all and merge particular fixes which reference an
issue or a bug or have a clear purpose as to what it is for...

Thanks