[Vtigercrm-developers] Date fields in reports in vtiger 6.5.0 broken.

S T Prasad stprasad at stprasad.com
Wed Aug 31 16:11:27 GMT 2016

Hello community,
We faced the same issue and resolved it down to the fact that the
$current_user was not declared as global in the function

function getColumnSQL($selectedfields) {
  global $adb,$current_user;

That is the fix

@Blazej
Your image does not load
https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/z2HoI-Ro6zg1DeqBf2pIDFM5GaYftbx9FfwmkTQMUc3RYONnUPSfD8OGUb99mXZ8fXXmt3sobHHxx7Y_ryzoMD9H5sZ_x4mRPPPaQb8vFLpyFiX0OXhs-BSc1-6x19vlrZ_cnCNCsD_YMZyvtEtV4l9TSbHNpXEkLhJgvVThBDoKbDDIH6QMEdAtOs7lrYHi=s0-d-e1-ft#http://./?_task=mail&_from=compose&_id=37789780657c6c5cb05e40&_action=display-attachment&_file=rcmfile31472644569011538000

http://screencast.com/t/TcTtn5Ex. Am curious on what you loaded up

Regards
S,T.Prasad

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Błażej Pabiszczak <
b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com> wrote:

> ;)
>
> ---
> Z poważaniem / Regards
>
> *Błażej Pabiszczak*
> *Chief Executive Officer*
> M: +48.884999123
> E: b.pabiszczak at yetiforce.com
>

> W dniu 2016-08-31 13:05, Stacey Johnson napisał(a):
>
> How is overall progress in resolving issues in code.vtiger ?
> From what I see, last has been touched 22 days ago.
> It really smells like old attic  here...
> Sad
>

> Stacey
>

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 4:32 PM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On the vtiger demo (https://demo.vtiger.com) system I added two leads, I
>> then added a custom date field "Test Date" and populated it with a valid
>> date.
>>
>> Then I went to the Reports section and added the "Created Time" and "Test
>> Date" fields to the Leads by Source report.
>>
>> In the results the Test Date column is empty even though if you view the
>> Details you will see that the field does in fact contain data.
>>
>> I then created an Opportunity. I added the Expected Close Date field to
>> the Potential Pipeline report and it is doing the same thing. The Expected
>> Close Date is showing as *empty*.
>>

>> IMHO this is a really serious issue. I am amazed no-one has reported this
>> before. Oh, I stand corrected - I see issue #292 has just been created!!!
>>

>> http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/292
>>

>> I started looking at this because one of our customers noticed that in
>> 6.4.0 if you look at a report which contains date fields the date was being
>> displayed in the wrong format, e.g. YYYY-MM-DD and not the one set in the
>> User's Preferences. However if you add the Created Time field to a report
>> this date is displayed in the correct format.
>>
>> I was going to suggest that they update to 6.5.0 but it would be a far
>> worse result than what they already have!
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Al

With best regards,

S.T.Prasad