[Vtigercrm-developers] Date fields in reports in vtiger 6.5.0 broken.

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 09:32:32 GMT 2016

On the vtiger demo (https://demo.vtiger.com) system I added two leads, I
then added a custom date field "Test Date" and populated it with a valid
date.

Then I went to the Reports section and added the "Created Time" and
"Test Date" fields to the Leads by Source report.

In the results the Test Date column is empty even though if you view the
Details you will see that the field does in fact contain data.

I then created an Opportunity. I added the Expected Close Date field to
the Potential Pipeline report and it is doing the same thing. The
Expected Close Date is showing as *empty*.

IMHO this is a really serious issue. I am amazed no-one has reported
this before. Oh, I stand corrected - I see issue #292 has just been
created!!!

http://code.vtiger.com/vtiger/vtigercrm/issues/292

I started looking at this because one of our customers noticed that in
6.4.0 if you look at a report which contains date fields the date was
being displayed in the wrong format, e.g. YYYY-MM-DD and not the one set
in the User's Preferences. However if you add the Created Time field to
a report this date is displayed in the correct format.

I was going to suggest that they update to 6.5.0 but it would be a far
worse result than what they already have!

Cheers