[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger Marketplace Extension - Check for ionCube

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 12:23:23 GMT 2016

Why obfuscate the code at all?

It's a total PITA for almost every single one of our customers and they
prefer not to bother with such extension modules unless they are
absolutely essential for their business.

We also explain to our customers the potential risks of such modules
too, i.e. we have no way of telling what the module actually does
because we can't read the code, and, if the supplier of the module goes
bust then they are screwed because the source code is not available so
it can't be fixed or updated to continue to work with future version of
vtiger, PHP or whatever...

Al

--
Libertus Solutions