[Vtigercrm-developers] Workflow Email Task - possible from address bug?

Richard Hills - Technologywise richard at tw.co.nz
Wed Nov 11 21:15:03 GMT 2015

Hi guys

I have a workflow with an email task, it has a from address set
explicitly in the task configuration.

When my workflow runs the task for the first time, it will use the
system wide email address, on the second run it sends with the email
configured in my task.

I did a little looking but have not had time to dig too deep, I solved
the issue for myself right now by adding the following to
modules/com_vtiger_workflow/tasks/VTEmailTask.inc around line 75

>                     +    $useFromAddress = ($from_email != null ? true
> : false);
>                      -     $status = send_mail($module, $to_email,
> $from_name, $from_email, $subject, $content, $cc, $bcc, '', '', $logo);
>                     +    $status = send_mail($module, $to_email,
> $from_name, $from_email, $subject, $content, $cc, $bcc, '', '', $logo,
> $useFromAddress);

I very much doubt this is the solution (but as this is the only email
out currently from this system it will stay this way for a while) and
believe the issue lies with the modules/Emails/mail.php file and code
surrounding "cachedFromEmail".

Would be keen to hear if anyone can replicate this issue and likewise if
there is already a bug report.

Will look back in a couple of days and do what I can then to push this
bug along if nobody confirms that this "just works" for them.

TIA

--
Richard Hills
TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ