[Vtigercrm-developers] bug fixes that will require a Migration script

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 11:24:14 GMT 2015

Hi,
I have a branch here
http://code.vtiger.com/alanbell/vtigercrm/tree/secure_portal_passwords
which contains this change
http://code.vtiger.com/alanbell/vtigercrm/tree/secure_portal_passwords
which should provide encrypted passwords for the customer portal. It
does require the user_password column in the vtiger_portalinfo table to
be a bit longer than it is at the moment, varchar(30) is not enough to
store a hashed password, varchar(128) is OK. How should I propose this
schema change? modules/Migration/schema/640_to_650.php doesn't exist yet.

On a related note, I think it would be good if *everything* in the
migration files would always be safe to repeat. Anything that inserts
stuff should first check to see if it is already there, anything that
transforms things should check to see if they have already been
transformed, if doing it twice would be harmful. Often a migration
script fails somewhere due to a change in a specific instance, I fix the
problem and run the migration script again and all the previous steps
that were OK now cause havoc!

Alan.