[Vtigercrm-developers] Hide empty blocks

masood ma at gtt-technologies.de
Tue May 5 13:55:20 GMT 2015

Hey Uma,

thanks for your response.
Maybe my explanation was not precise enough... By empty blocks i dont mean,
that there are no fields in it.
There are several customised blocks and also fields in it, but they are not
filled with data.
Maybe an example makes it more clear:
- We have product X and use the module assets, so that we can customize it
for each customer individually
- the "construction" is the same for all the customers: one block for
purchase, several blocks for all the renewals, one block for the updates and
so on... (and in every block of course several fields)
- depending on if a block is filled with data or not we want to show it or
hide it
- because if all the empty (blocks not filled with data) blocks are shown
for all the customers and one customer just bought it and another one had
his 10th renewal, it would be unhandy to show all the blocks if there is no
content in it. Therefore we want to hide it, if there is no content, but
show it if there is.

If we hide it from the edit fields of settings it is hidden, whether there
is content or not. But that's not what we need.

Thanks for your help!