[Vtigercrm-developers] WHY does vtiger contain a webbug?

Hamono, Chris (DPC) Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au
Sat Mar 7 05:53:40 GMT 2015

Thanks

People are very sensitive these days about such information leaks. It is not true that the information you mentioned below is the only information collected.

You could also collect information about who is accessing the site via cookies and IP addresses. You may be collecting referrer information which may contain sensitive information. Even the URL itself could be sensitive.

This is a part of the META data we hear a lot of press about. Its often more meaningful than what actual pages people visit.

I am not saying you do collect any of this information. I am saying its entirely possible that you could collect this information.

Thank you for recognising that this is a concerning matter.

Chris