[Vtigercrm-developers] WHY does vtiger contain a webbug?

Hamono, Chris (DPC) Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au
Fri Mar 6 01:35:49 GMT 2015

Why pray tell does vtiger contain a web bug on the user  login page?

As  a government organisation this represents a serious privacy issue. The fact that there is no information regarding this web bug anywhere is a serious failing on the part of the vtiger team.

It would be a simple matter to place a button on the install screen to OPT IN for the collection of installation statistics but to place it surreptitiously on the login page phoning home every time a user logs in to the application is a serious issue.

This has caused me serious embarrassment. Some of our applications are in house secure applications and the potential for inadvertent information leakage is HUGE.

I cannot express my disappointment enough. What were you thinking!