[Vtigercrm-developers] Barcode system

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 11:55:11 GMT 2015

barcode readers generally appear to computers as being USB keyboards
that type stuff, zapping a couple of toner cartridge boxes I have lying
about types this:

5055628402694
821831064739

so, if you put the barcode in the product name field (or at the start of
it at any rate) then in a quote or sales order you should be able to go
to the item name field in a line item, zap the box and it will find the
item for you.

would be nice if the typeahead in the line item name field searched on
product code as well as product name.

Alan.