[Vtigercrm-developers] Vtiger Class Loader?

Hamono, Chris (DPC) Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au
Mon Jul 13 06:46:48 GMT 2015

I was thinking about this request because I'd like to be able to override built in (core) classes to extend their functionality.

I know this is not your specific use case but I thought I'd make the point vtiger extensively uses "new self()" within static functions

This means even if you replaced the current loader with a new loader that created a custom class most of the time the parent class will be created and your code never called.

More is the pity. I saw this as a possible way to shortcut the creation of custom classes where you want to slightly manipulate functionality rather than recreate it.

Chris