[Vtigercrm-developers] Problems with workflow 6.2

Mariusz Krzaczkowski m.krzaczkowski at yetiforce.com
Wed Jul 1 08:54:50 GMT 2015

Hi,

There are two ways to run cron:
1. RUN DIRECTLY PHP FILE: VTIGERCRON.PHP
But you need add in IF "TRUE &&" e.x.
if(TRUE && PHP_SAPI === "cli" ||
(isset($_SESSION["authenticated_user_id"]) &&
isset($_SESSION["app_unique_key"]) && $_SESSION["app_unique_key"] ==
$application_unique_key)){

But this method is not completely safe

2. USE THE SCRIPT SH: CRON/VTIGERCRON.SH
A few actions are required:

 	* Grant permissions 777 or 755 (cron/vtigercron.sh)
 	* Set the path to PHP e.x. export USE_PHP=php ,
USE_PHP=/usr/local/php53/bin/php
 	* Check whether PHP.ini configuration for CLI console is correct

---

Z poważaniem / Regards

MARIUSZ KRZACZKOWSKI
_Director of Product Development_
M: +48 884-998-123
E: m.krzaczkowski at yetiforce.com
-------------------------

We created an innovative open source project called YetiForceCRM. You
can test it here [2], download [3] it for free or read its documentation
[4]. Follow us on Twitter [5] to get real-time info about new
functionalities and articles.

W dniu 2015-07-01 10:04, Alan Lord napisał(a):

> On 01/⁠07/⁠15 08:30, Christophe Humbert wrote:
>
>> Hello Guys
>>
>> until now I was using a webcron to launch vtigercron.php but I would
>> like ti use the cron of my shared hosting (no access to shell) and when
>> I am launching the vtigercron.php through the cron I have the following
>> : error reading from the headers anyone an idea
>
> I would try and use the shell helper script rather than run php directly.
>
> So your cron entry looks like:
>
>> */⁠15 * * * * sh /⁠path/⁠to/⁠vtiger/⁠cron/⁠vtigercron.sh
>
> <rant>
> Shared hosts are a complete PITA.
>
> Some shared hosts limit the version of the PHP cli your cron can access.
>
> Another thing we found with our GeoTools module on shared hosts can be that the cron jobs are limited to some arbitrary time and they can be terminated by the shared hosting engine (CPanel, Plesk or whatever) so be aware that if you have a long job (like an import or loads of emails/workflows) then the script might get killed prematurely.
> </⁠rant>
>
> Al

> http://www.vtiger.com/ [1]

Links: