[Vtigercrm-developers] How to hide other group (not member of) in assigned_to field ?

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 11:34:51 GMT 2015

On 29/01/15 11:15, lee8 wrote:
> This is a critical issue in vtiger 6.x about  privacy, security and
> performance. Users should not see the list of all groups when they select
> "Assign to".
why not?
> Also, the function which lists users and groups may generate
> long lists which are also visible on the screen, they are uncomfortable and
> less efficient for users working in little groups.
>
> The problem could be solved introducing the possibility for the
> Administrator to define a group "public" or "private" or visible to a "list
> of groups/users". The Admnistrator should be able to configure i.e. the
> Customer Service group as "public" to allow all user to assign tickets or
> i.e.  or "private" to allow only to users from that group or from higher
> roles to see that group in the pickup list to assign a record.
>
> Is there anybody who could suggest a turnaround to solve this serious issue
> in version 6.x?
that would be an interesting feature to add, I can see a benefit in some
users being unable to assign things to other people (or being able to
assign things to themselves and claim ownership of things they
shouldn't). I was thinking you could do this with field level access
control and stop people messing with the assignedto field, but you can't
turn off mandatory fields

Alan.