[Vtigercrm-developers] Comments and Update Timestamp.

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Fri Jan 23 13:41:12 GMT 2015

Hi Alan,

All data regarding record has been passed through record structure only
formatting of data is handled in template.

But your point of handling formatting of data in view class really adds
value. will surely consider this point on going ahead.

I have created trac <http://trac.vtiger.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/ticket/8406>
ticket for same to handle enhancement of code.

Thanks! for suggestion :)

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 23/01/15 05:52, Uma S wrote:
>
>> Hi Alan,
>>
>> Yes, you can change this easily by modifying few files api() request. In
>> comments widget of module summary you can see the title of day string
>> displays actual time.
>>
>> I mean we are using formatDateTimeIntoDayString() api for title
>> attribute and formatDateDiffInStrings() api to display actual value as
>> "2 days ago". So using this according to your needs will help.
>>
>> You can check this case in file layouts/vlayout/modules/
>> Vtiger/Comment.tpl
>>

> Thanks Uma, I understand and can change this now.
>
> From an architectural perspective however it strikes me that having
> formatting functionality like this in the template feels a bit wrong...
> Shouldn't this really happen in the View class and the template should just
> be for "presentation", not "manipulation" of data?
>
> Alan

With
Best Regards
Uma.S