[Vtigercrm-developers] Readonly fields at record-level?

Uma S uma.s at vtiger.com
Wed Jan 21 12:59:13 GMT 2015

Hi Alan,

As display-type of field is deciding whether the field is enabled for edit
in detail-view. As we can't do any changes regarding display-type it's
better we overwrite api's related to make field editable, in module
specific field.php and return value according to dependent fields on
related field-value.

For specific module you need to overwrite field model file.

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Alan Lord <alanslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20/01/15 22:58, Jonathan Sardo wrote:
>
>> I need to do the same, I think we have to do this using jQuery and
>> "disable" attribute.
>>

> I thought about this approach but my concern was that this method could
> introduce a delay on-screen whereby fields might appear to be (or possibly
> even actually be) editable for a brief time during the page load.
>
> Overriding the isEditable() function should do the trick but I am trying
> to minimise the number of files that need overriding.
>
> I was hoping Prasad or Uma might have some suggestions to improve what I
> see as the only way right now:
>
> {Detail,Edit}RecordStructure.php->Block.php->Field.php
>
> It would be interesting to see this approach using Ajax/Javascript too. Am
> I mistaken in the "timing" issue I foresee?
>
> Thanks
>
> Al

With
Best Regards