[Vtigercrm-developers] Question on Role based Picklists

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 07:45:23 GMT 2015

I'm being lazy so please forgive me but I think this is still the case
in vtiger 6...

If I am a non-privileged user and I view a module record that has a Role
based picklist and the picklist is set to a value I am not allowed to
see it shows as "Not Accessible".

What my customer has asked, which I kind of like, is so that the user
should be able to "see" the values, but should not be able to choose
values that are not in his Role.

Havign been delving into the depths of the validation engine in 6, I
think this kind of test may well be possible to do but, as vtiger 6 is
right now the user won't see these values of course.

Anyone else have thoughts about this?

Cheers