[Vtigercrm-developers] extend Validation engine

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 07:56:01 GMT 2015

On 11/02/15 07:47, Jonathan Sardo wrote:
>     I hope you can make use field model level getValidator() api to
>     define special validator for fields, which can be defined in
>     particular module js files based on view.
>

> Uma, it sounds well but where can we find documentation about this? Is
> it necessary to search deeply in the code?

Am looking at this now.

There are some examples in the code that are easy enough to find; I am
looking for a client-side validation function in that uses Ajax but with
no luck so far...

One question on this approach Uma:

If I want to have multiple "layers" of validation so that for example I
must do a custom check to make sure some other module record contains
the right value and then use one of the standard validators *as well* on
the same field, how would I do this?

Thanks