[Vtigercrm-developers] Database schema

Hamono, Chris (DPC) Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au
Tue Feb 10 03:55:05 GMT 2015

Hi

We have just had an issue with Migration. I am not sure if the issue is the same as yours but this might help

Backup your database, if using phpmyadmin make sure you  select to drop tables before recreating

Once backed up and checked for consistency drop your database
Then recreate the database with the collation set to utf8 general ci

CREATE SCHEMA `new_schema` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci ;

Once created then import your data.

I have had weird issues caused by collation mismatches which caused table to fail to be created. The above sets the default collation. When I did this I was able to reimport y database and everything (to date) started working again.

Good luck

Chris