[Vtigercrm-developers] Updating "Chosen" Selects using jQuery?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 13:50:47 GMT 2015

I have a small customisation to perform a lookup and update various
fields in a module based on the value selected by the user.

Using jQuery.val(newValue) works for inputs and text boxes, but is not
working for Selects.

I am selecting the element via it's "name" property in the form object.

What do I need to do to update the UI so the Select box shows the change
to the user?

I found this online:

> $("#form_field").trigger("chosen:updated");

from http://harvesthq.github.io/chosen/ but this doesn;t seem to have
helped at all.

Thanks