[Vtigercrm-developers] Strong passwords & Bruteforce attack protection Mod

apcloic apcloic at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:23:18 GMT 2015

Hi All,

I've been working on adapting Password & Bruteforce modules from Yetiforce
to vTiger.

As it's working now, I would like to share it with the community.

I put it here on vTiger gitlab :
http://code.vtiger.com/dubwise/vtigercrm/commit/64590e3edaa664a44d7ca6d8773c6b4347c8bb66

It also require some database modifications :
http://pastebin.com/5L6aZnnF

As it require core modifications, it can't be available as an extension
module so I suppose it should be submitted as a merge request.
So, for a proper merge request, where/how should I put these database
modifications ?

Also, using vtiger gitlab, I've noticed something weird : while I only
change saveHistoryLogin public function, the file is considered as entirely
modified !?
I've been restarting from scratch using master branch, carefuly modify
required files one by one (no overwritting from other folders) and the same
thing happened.

As I'm not a developer, I will be glad if some community users could test it
and give some feedback ;)
I think it may be really helpful considering the number of vTiger systems
exposed to the Internet.

Thanks to YF Team for this module.