[Vtigercrm-developers] Question on Scheduled Workflows and Email Templates

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 13:16:33 GMT 2015

I want to write a Custom task for a Scheduled Workflow that will
ultimately populate an Email Template and send it.

I have two questions...

1. When a Workflow is a scheduled workflow, and there are no conditions,
it looks as though the $entity record it passes into my function is
simply the first Entity record for that module? Is that correct? Why
does it even bother to do that?

2. Are there any examples of programatically grabbing an Email Template
record, populating the placeholders with data and then sending? I want
this all to happen as part of the Custom Workflow function. But I would
like the Customer to be able to edit the template so they can make it
look as they wish. I can't use the Send Email task because I need a very
complicated Query to collect the information to decide even if I should
be sending an email...

TIA