[Vtigercrm-developers] Phone (UIType 11) fields...

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 09:51:40 GMT 2015

I wanted to make all phone fields on a system *only* accept numbers. No
other characters.

So I tried setting the typeofdata value for all uitype 11 fields to
various things such as 'N~O', 'NN~O', 'I~O' etc... But none seemed to
make any difference to the validation check - I could still enter any
characters I wanted into this field including just garbage alpha
characters...

After a bit of digging around it seems this this can be done by changing
the value in vtiger_ws_fieldtype for uitype 11 fields from 'phone' to
'integer'.

I don't really get why this should take precedence over the typeofdata
column in the vtiger_field table but just wanted to through this out for
comment...

Cheers