[Vtigercrm-developers] Programatically create roles and assign profiles

Hamono, Chris (DPC) Chris.Hamono at sa.gov.au
Tue Apr 28 01:30:53 GMT 2015

Hi All

How can I programmatically create a role based on an existing profile?

We have a need that each time an organisation is created a set of roles need to be created which are only for that organisation.

Each organisation has 5 roles based on 5 predefined profiles

We have 300 organisations we need to create so that's 1500 roles.

Maintenance of these roles would be overly complicated so I am looking to automate much of it.

Chris