[Vtigercrm-developers] Change From Name Field for Emails

javerleo javier.eraso.leon at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 02:36:45 GMT 2015

Hello.

I'm using Vtiger 6.2.

I want to use company department for the "from name" field when composing
email messages, instead of the default first name + last name, so the
message comes from "Support department" or "Commercial department". In
vtiger 5.4 I achieved this goal by changing the file modules/emails/mail.php
but it doesn't work anymore. With the new programming model I'm kinda lost.

Thanks in advance for your help.