[Vtigercrm-developers] Add fields from another module.

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:22:13 GMT 2015

One way we do this kind of thing fairly often is to create some
read-only fields in the Custom module to display these values and then
write a custom workflow function or Event Handler to keep them updated.

Another option is to create a view table in the database and link your
custom fields to appropriate columns in that.

HTH

Al

On 10/04/15 17:10, Uma S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Displaying contacts module fields in custom "Checkin" module is not
> possible, but displaying these fields in related-list of Contacts in
> "Checkin" module by making these fields of contacts fields as summary
> enabled fields.
>
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:46 PM, jay007
> <info at dscomputers.ie
> <mailto:info at dscomputers.ie>> wrote:
>
>     I want to add fields from and another module. In the contacts module
>     I have 2
>     fields called start date and end date. I have a custom module called
>     "Checkin" which has a related field to contacts. How can I display
>     the start
>     and end date from Contacts Module in the custom "Checkin" module?
>

>     --

> With
> Best Regards
> Uma.S