[Vtigercrm-developers] does/should module.enabled event fire on install of a module?

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 09:13:25 GMT 2014

well it is mostly my confusion really, I had a module registering a link
in the enabled event and removing it in the disabled event, I was
surprised that it wasn't registered on first install of the module.
Not the end of the world and I can see that things like PBXmanager
already do the same things in module.postinstall as they do in
module.enabled, so changing it now would be a bit of a mess as existing
modules might register links twice.

Alan.

On 22/09/14 09:40, Prasad wrote:
> Having it separate helps to define the flow by incoming type - else
> the states need to be tracked too.
> Is there any use-case to consider?
>
> *Connect with us on: *Twitter <http://twitter.com/vtigercrm> *I*
> Facebook
> <http://www.facebook.com/pages/vtiger/226866697333578?sk=wall> *I*
> Blog <https://blogs.vtiger.com/>* I* Wiki
> <http://wiki.vtiger.com/index.php/Main_Page> *I *Forums
> <https://discussions.vtiger.com>*I* Website <https://www.vtiger.com/>
>
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 2:00 PM, Alan Bell <alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
> <mailto:alan.bell at libertus.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     I think that when I install a module, the module.enabled event
>     doesn't occur. Should it? I think that it would be appropriate to
>     call the enabled event after the postinstall, so that anything
>     that should be done when enabling the module happens. Of course I
>     can just make it happen in the postinstall too. Same goes for
>     module.disabled and preuninstall, shouldn't that call the
>     module.disabled stuff first?
>
>     Alan.
>
>     --
>     Libertus Solutions