[Vtigercrm-developers] 6.1.0 Calendar issues?

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 10:11:02 GMT 2014

I've just done a test migration of a database from 5.4.0 to 6.1.0

It's a reasonably big database but not massive IMHO (crmentity has about
250,000 records - we have much bigger than this)...

I was just browsing around the Calendar. It's a great deal better than
the original but I notice a few things that could be better.

The Shared Calendar view is very slow to load (Too slow to be very
useful right now). I was paging through the months thinking there was no
data. But then I just left it for about 20 - 30 seconds and some items
then appeared. (No throbber or anything to tell me something is happening).

I've also noticed that I can see items in the "Recently Modified" widget
in the left hand column, but that some of these do not appear in the
calendar view itself. I have "Hide Completed Calendar Events" set to
unchecked.

It would also be nice if the Calendar supported a "Tooltip" like feature
so just hovering over an entry would show more information about it.

I do not really understand the difference between the Shared Calendar
view and the Calendar View. In Calendar View I see my stuff right? In
Shared Calendar View I see other peoples' stuff, but which? Events,
Todos, Opportunities, Birthdays? What are the items shown in the Shared
Calendar?

In terms of usability, it's very annoying when you've paged through to a
particular week or month or whatever that if you click on an item in the
calendar to see what it is when you go back, it takes you to "today" or
your week or month depending on your preference but *not* to the time
you were last at in the calendar. Same when switching between mine and
the Shared Calendar. I'd expect it to stay in the day/week/month when
changing between the views.

In the List View I automatically assumed that I could use the search
fields above the "Start Date & Time" and "End Date" columns to specify a
window with which to view all calendar items, but it doesn't work like
that. It's a search of that particular field. This is going to confuse
people a lot I think...

Also the language is a bit wrong in this view when no item is found...
It says "No Calendar Found. Create To Do". It should really say
something like "No Activities Found. Create Event or Todo"

Cheers