[Vtigercrm-developers] VAT_ID not only for to Company Details in vtiger 6.1.0

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 15:31:36 GMT 2014

Dear vtiger Team,

I am wonder why the VAT_ID field was missing from the vtiger for a long
time.
This is very good that the Company details will have VAT_ID in the
vtiger 6.1.0 ... but
( //Add Vat ID to Company Details in
....\modules\Migration\schema\600_to_610.php
Vtiger_Utils::AddColumn('vtiger_organizationdetails', 'vatid',
'VARCHAR(100)'); )

the *Organizations / Accounts basic data table* also should have this field.
I suggest to insert this field to the *vtiger_account* table.
*
**Why this field is necessary?*
For example in Hungary when you will create a tax-declaration for the
current month or for the current quarter, you should create a list of
customers EU-VAT-ID and declare the amount of sales to the customers in EU.
If a company will use vtiger 6.x for his CRM operations the first action
here should be the creation of *VAT_ID field for the
Accounts/Organizations*.

I think it is better to have a factory_like field for this purpose then
a custom field.
Even this change is not too difficult for the system.

Kindest regards:
István

--
üdvözlettel: