[Vtigercrm-developers] wrong ajax call at the outgoing smtp server settings : vtiger 6.1 SVN 14256

Holbok István holbok at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 19:49:16 GMT 2014

Dear vtiger Team,

It looks like the outgoing STMP server settings sends a wrong Ajax call
(vtiger 6.1 SVN 14256):

 From Firebug these were the parameters to send:

*action *OutgoingServerSaveAjax
*default *false
*from_email_field *
*id *
*module *Vtiger
*parent *Settings
*server *mail.example.com:26
*server_password*    PasswordString
*server_port*    0
*server_type*    email
*server_username* admin at example.com
*smtp_auth*    on

----------------------------
The file ...\modules\Settings\Vtiger\actions\OutgoingServerSaveAjax.php
did not have any action to parse mail.example.com:26 as well.

This server uses port 26 for the SMTP.

The UI has not had input row to give the server port, so I can use the
*mail.example.com:26* format only.
But the program did not parse well the given parameters. For example
server_port = 0 was the sent data.

The ajax response: {"success":false,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Error
occurred while sending mail"}}

With wrong sent data of course we can get an error message only.

Used browsers: Firefox, and Google Chrome - the SMPT setting did work on
both of them.

Going the phpMyadmin and giving the right data to the 'vtiger_systems'
table, the outgoing email started to work.

Please review it.
This function worked well using the 6.1.0 AE package for the install
about a week ago. I do not know what happened but it went wrong (at
least at me).

Kindest regards:
István

--