[Vtigercrm-developers] Customer Portal

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Mon Sep 1 15:33:45 GMT 2014

Hi,

You will have to do a little bit more than change the documentation as
some REST enhancements will need to be adapted, but that is the whole
point :-)
I am here to help.

You should be able to edit the wiki as it's contents is on github and I
usually edit it that way. I will help you set it up if you need to. I
can also give you direct access to the wiki if you need it.

As to why mantisbt:

- I had mantisbt setup WAY before I started using github, so I didn't
want to lose the historical and already open tickets
- It was extremely easy to integrate with github, you can easily close a
ticket simply commiting on github and the reference gets automatically
attached to the ticket
- MantisBT was already directly integrated into my dokuwiki making it
easy to link tickets to the wiki and viceversa. It is incredibly
powerful to set a wiki page with a regular expression to dynamically
create a list of tickets, for example, ... very powerful stuff

In the end it is because I believe that dokuwiki is an incredible
documentation means, much better than markdown, they are specialized in
that, I believe mantisbt is a more powerful and flexible bug tracking
system than githubs issues, they are specialized in that, I believe
github is an incredible version control system that facilitates
collaboration, they specialize in that, I believe that coreBOS is an
incredibly powerful business implementation software, they specialize in

I look forward to your help.
Joe
TSolucio