[Vtigercrm-developers] Contacts Duplicated

Simone Travaglini simonetravaglini at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 09:02:24 GMT 2014

Hi! Very good work. Why don't give the opportunity to deny the creation of
a new record when duplicated?
It will be usefull also a cross check between leads and contacts (and also
leads and organization).

> Hi all,
>
> I agree with Alan too, it has to be configurable. You inspired me and I
> spent two nights developing it. Now the result is available on
> http://martin.vtigercrm.sk/DuplicityCheck/ , you can log in as
> adminuser/adminuser . Under Settings -> Other Settings -> Duplicity Check
> you can set up which fields (in which module) are checked for duplicity.
> Then when you are about to create an entity which is duplicity, you become
> a warning (so far only warning and no cross-module check). The control is
> triggered on page load and on field change, so you became the warning when
> you duplicate an entity too. What is your oppinion, should I put it in
> Market Place? Alan - maybe you can help me with better warning text...
>
> Have a great day,
> Martin
>
> Dňa 16. 11. 2014 23:42 Richard Hills - Technologywise  wrote / napísal(a):
>
>> Just wanted to agree with Alan. This needs to be configurable. Not a
>> default to check for xyz on any record.
>>
>> This is a totally different request than MS' file replace check, it is
>> more like if you created a file in windows with the same content as
>> another file MS would pop up and ask you if you know you already have
>> this information in another file, add the possible requirement of adding
>> 100 of such files a day and you suddenly have added 100 unnecessary
>> clicks to some users work load.
>>
>> Currently I think your requirements can be solved with a custom
>> workflow? I believe we did this for leads in 5.4 whereby leads email
>> addresses were checked against existing leads/contacts and save was
>> rejected if found.
>>
>> On 15/11/14 04:50, Manuel Fernando wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry but that doesn’t make any sense at least for me.
>>>
>>> Imagine how it is windows not telling you that you are replacing
>>> another file.
>>>
>>> Those customers should ask Microsoft as well to disable replace checking?
>>> Not being sarcastic, it’s the way i see this as nonsense at all.
>>>
>>> Best Regards.
>>> Manuel
>>>
>>>  No dia 14/11/2014, às 15:29, Alan Lord

>>> http://www.vtiger.com/
>>>

>> --
>>
>> Richard Hills
>> TechnologyWise Ltd, Tauranga, NZ
>> richard at tw.co.nz
>> www.technologywise.co.nz
>> ph: +64 (0)7 571 1060
>> fax: +64 (0)7 571 1061

Simone Travaglini
328 5499846
Linkedin: Simone Travaglini

Rispetta l'ambiente: non stampare questa mail se non ti è veramente
necessario!