[Vtigercrm-developers] Contacts Duplicated

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 14:29:43 GMT 2014

On 14/11/14 14:23, Simone Travaglini wrote:
> many customers ask for a check in insert lead/contact. Could be optional
> feature (also the field to check). What do you think about?

As Prasad wrote earlier

> We would like to have "Duplicate Handling" in the system with a configuration.

"with a configuration" is key. The admin must be able to determine the
fields or values they need to use, and the test must be able to either
just Inform:

"Hello, there is another Contact with this email address"

or Prevent:

"Hello, you can't create this Contact as this email address is already
in use"