[Vtigercrm-developers] Contacts Duplicated

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:54:11 GMT 2014

On 12/11/14 16:12, Manuel Fernando wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Shouldn’t Contacts have the same functionality like Accounts?

I don't like the restriction on Account names and normally disable it
anyway. We have quite a few customers that need to have many accounts
with the same name.

For example in the UK we probably have 10,000 Public Houses (Bars)
called "The Queens Head", or "The Royal Oak"...

> When create a new contact should verify if already exists in the system.

I reckon there are lots of people with the same name (i.e. John Smith)
too...

We do do some custom validation ourselves sometimes though, usually on
email or Phone number.

Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk