[Vtigercrm-developers] get_related_list...

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 10:59:36 GMT 2014

On 04/11/14 09:15, Uma S wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Thanks for the clear explanation about business case scenario of n:n
> relationship between modules. Will look into this case.

Thought you might like to see this...

I have added a new column to the vtiger_crmentityrel table called "qty"
which is an integer type and defaults to 1. This has no adverse affects
on anything else as far as I can see; all other inserts and deletes work
as normal.

In my modules I have used the extensibility of the new vtiger 6
architecture to support this scenario of multiple quantities of n:n
relationships with no modifications to the vtiger core code. All
functionality is handled in my module classes and javascript classes.

The final bit I want to do is to, ideally, trigger an existing workflow
function to perform a field calculation in the parent module, but if
this can't be done I will simply add a function to my module's model to
perform this update.

While I don't see this particular approach to the solution having much
potential as an Extension module for the Marketplace (it is very
specific to this customer) I thought the general idea and might be of
interest.

Cheers

Al

PS: