[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6.1.0: Odd Profile Issue

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:30:15 GMT 2014

I've just had a report from a GeoTools customer that his user's couldn't
see the map display.

On our demo server (http://geotools.libertus.co.uk) I looked at the demo
user's Role and Profile. It was CEO and Administrator Profile but the
user was not an "Admin".

All worked fine.

I then changed this user to use the Sales Manager Role and Sales
Profile. The Map wouldn't display yet GeoTools was enabled in the
profile as was all the access to the various entity modules. (This is
pretty much a default installation with some Leads & Contacts added).

I tried to work out what was causing the map to not display... If I
check the "Edit All" button in the Sales Profile and save it. The user
can see the map. I can then edit the Profile and turn off modules, Edit
or Delete etc, and import/export tools as required and the user can
still access the map.

My question is this then...

When I check "Edit All" what does it do? It seems to me that is is
saving or modifying rules that are not actually visible in the Profile
for modules like GeoTools (GeoTools has only a single checkbox to enable
or disable in the Profile editor)

If I uncheck "Edit All" then the map will not display again...

Thoughts?