[Vtigercrm-developers] get_related_list...

Alan Lord (News) alanslists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 08:07:33 GMT 2014

On 04/11/14 04:15, Uma S wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Could you please explain us, What is the business case scenario of
> adding same record multiple times?

In this particular scenario, we have built some custom modules for a
marketing company. They try to get people (normally families) to go on
short vacations at very cheap or free prices as long as they attend a
seminar to tell them about timeshare opportunities at the resort where
they are having their vacation.

Often the customer is given incentives in the form of gift vouchers.
These vouchers are a very simple object (just have a code number, a
short name and a value) which has n:n relationships with the Resorts
where they may be offered (think Disney, a ticket to a show or a dinner
in a restaurant) and also an n:n relationship with the details of the
vacation that has been sold.

Often the customer will be given multiples of the same gifts, e.g. They
might be need to record 4 gift records which are single tickets to the
same show and then 2 for a meal for example.

I am aware we could probably achieve this using Products and Quotes or
Sales Orders, but there is no need for that level of financial
information or recording... And we'd almost certainly have to modify the
Quote/Sales Order module extensively to support the rest of the business
data, and the Product module just to satisfy the other requirements and
remove unwanted functionality.

Hope this makes sense.

Al

PS - I'm sure there could be other use-cases too. It doesn't seem like a
terribly unusual requirement and without it it will be much harder to
get effective reporting of Gift take-up etc...

--
Libertus Solutions
http://www.libertus.co.uk