[Vtigercrm-developers] sending documents

Stacey Johnson stacey.johnson110 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 08:20:16 GMT 2014

vtiger have two important limitations:
1. Workflows in documents
2. possibility to attach document to the email created in workflow

Example scenario:
Lead fill up webform showing his interest in services. Company managing CRM
wish to send to him automatically nice created outside of vtiger booklet in
pdf format.

Currently this kind of interaction with customers is impossible. I can
generate hundreds of exaples of usage of attachements in workflows but I
belive developper can do it too :-)

Another issue is documents module (this was discussed few times too). Can
developper tell us why documents module have no workflows? Is this module
worse that any other? Everybody knows that all our life is based on
managing documents. Why this module looks like orphan? Workflows are
simnple addon to this module but will change a lot. I was analysing it
through months and see that developper for some reason dont want add this
funcionality which seems to be really important to make vtiger standing a
bit out of the crowd (at least in opensource category). Come on guys, it
few lines of code. Do it for developpers.. :-)

Stacey