[Vtigercrm-developers] VT6 Migrations

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Fri May 16 21:08:15 GMT 2014

Andrew,

Vtiger 6 with the new MVC model driven architecture makes it easy to switch
UI by customizing the template files, or creating new templates. New Themes
are even more easier (You can change colors by changing 2 values in a CSS
file).

Joe, i am surprised by your comments on Vtiger6. You seem to be chastising
Vtiger6 for being a better platform for developers, compared to Vtiger 5.4.

   1. Vtiger6 is based on the same PHP framework as Vtiger 5.4, but with
   better separation of UI and Data handling code (MVC).
   2. Vtiger6 supports the same Webservice APIs of 5.4 and extends them
   further
   3. To make client side development easier, Vtiger6 has a new frontend
   built on (very) popular frameworks (Bootstrap, JQuery)
   4. Vtiger 6 Developer Resources are available at
   community.vtiger.com/help
   5. We have thousands of businesses using the Vtiger6 of over a year, and
   we have a large suite of automated test cases, which we continue to expand.

We welcome any feedback that would help in making Vtiger6 a better
platform. We are committed to improve the developer experience and will
continue to roll out tutorials, examples, in the coming weeks.

Regards,
Sreenivas