[Vtigercrm-developers] vtiger CRM 5 Long Time Support :: coreBOS

Joe Bordes joe at tsolucio.com
Thu Mar 27 16:24:37 GMT 2014

Hello,

This post is to announce the creation of the coreBOS project. coreBOS
starts from the rich inheritance of vtiger CRM 5.4. with intention to
give support to the big user and developer base for 5.x.

During the birth of this project the first name that was given to it was
vt5LTS, borrowing the name from Ubuntu, that stands for vtiger CRM 5
Long Time Support, but we didn't want to conflict with vtiger name
branding nor create conflict in any way in the developer and user
community. Also we understand that we will quickly drift away from
vtiger CRM line of action and be something else, so we thought that the
name didn't make justice to all the potential we see in the project and
where we want to take it. We saw a near future where coreBOS would have
it's own merits and reasons to stand tall for it's own right so we gave
it a name and started our adventure.

We aren't creating this project out of disrespect or spite, we do not
have a bad relation with the vtiger company nor with the community, we
plan to keep investing time in vtiger CRM 6 and future releases,
although it will be less than what we have done for the 5.x branch.

In fact I have to admit that I like a lot of things I see in vtiger CRM
6 and will most probably downgrade some of them, I think vtiger is going
down the right track with VT6 and with the change in community support
of the past weeks (incredible!!).

For more information, please come to http://corebos.tsolucio.com/

We invite you to join us :-)

Thank you,