[Vtigercrm-developers] Workflow on entity delete?

Max Clarke max at smarte.com.au
Tue Mar 25 01:02:03 GMT 2014

Just a little more on this, after the event not firing and me tracing
around the vtiger source...

I realised that when you delete an entity from a related list it merely
unlinks it, not deletes it.

This might be intended behaviour, but from an end user standpoint, doesn't
make much sense. Usually when you click a trash can icon and it pops up and
prompts you "Are you sure you want to delete?", you think the entity will
be deleted, not unlinked. Perhaps you need 2 buttons instead of 1 - one to
delete which will be actually delete the object, and one to remove it from
it's parent (unlink).

Anyway, unfortunately there's no event that fires on this unlink method, so
if anyone has any ideas besides modifying the core source to fire an event,
I'm all ears!