[Vtigercrm-developers] Assets & Trouble Tickets - VT6

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 14:43:59 GMT 2014

I guess this was the same in 5.4.0 but I've just noticed that from an
Asset you can create a new Trouble Ticket and that relationship is
stored in vtiger_crmentityrel and is uses the n:n get_related_list()
function.

But why?

You can't add multiple Assets to one Trouble Ticket - in fact you can't
even see the Asset relationship from the Ticket.

Surely it would be more appropriate to have a UI10 on the Trouble Ticket
to show the link to the Asset and have a 1:n get_dependents_list()
relationship?

The reason I looked at this was my customer wanted a workflow to show
the Serial Number of the Asset in the Trouble Ticket...

I know I can fix this, but it just struck me a rather odd
"out-of-the-box" configuration.

Cheers