[Vtigercrm-developers] Tickets, mail converter and workflows

Max Clarke max at smarte.com.au
Thu Mar 20 05:38:36 GMT 2014

Thank you Sreenivas. All noted and I will use those methods in future.

1. some of the conditions in default workflows are bogus.

> We didn't get the attachment. Please resend it.

Attached to this email, sorry about that. You'll find the Select Field 0
condition in most of the ticket workflows.

> 3. the mail converter will only convert emails to tickets once per day
>

> Infact, the mail converter goes back by 1 day to ensure all emails from
> today are fetched. The condition for All | Unread might not be working
> properly. We'll review this.

Perhaps my expectations were wrong. For clarification, I expected the
scanner to pick up any emails that are in the folder being scanned since
the last scan time.

4. the mail converter assigns everything to administrator.

> You can assign to any user, either to administrator or another user. If
> you want to assign converted tickets to different users based on ticket
> properties, then the right place to do this is through workflows. After the
> ticket is created, the workflow will execute to transfer the ticket to the
> right user.

That's a good idea, thanks.

Another issue that would be worth noting is Organisation ticket email
workflows aren't working. It's looking for the organisation details in the
ticket's parent_id/related_to field, but this isn't set when you create a
ticket unless you manually set it yourself. Perhaps a better way would be
to get the account from the ticket's contact.

In the meantime I'll use a similar workaround as you've stated above:
create a workflow to assign the ticket contact's organisation to the
related_to field on ticket creation.

Again, thanks for your reply. When I get a chance I'll email you with a
guide to making the helpdesk + emails stuff work on the current version.