[Vtigercrm-developers] How to set the detail view for a custom module

Max Clarke max at smarte.com.au
Wed Mar 19 11:11:42 GMT 2014

Create a folder for the custom module under layouts/vlayout/modules and
create 2 files:

DetailViewSummaryContents.tpl:
{strip}
{include file='SummaryViewWidgets.tpl'|vtemplate_path:$MODULE_NAME}
{/strip}

ModuleSummaryView.tpl:
{strip}
{include file='SummaryViewContents.tpl'|vtemplate_path:$MODULE_NAME}
{/strip}

Easy as that. You can copy those 2 included files to the custom module
layouts directory and modify them too (to make it a single column layout
for example).

As for creating a new widget, it's a PITA and you end up just about redoing
it all yourself rather than trying to work with vtlib. It is doable though,
and I've managed to add a couple of widgets to a custom module.

If you take a good look at the code, you realise that the widgets for the
summary view have some bits hard coded and some bits relying on vtlib.
Pretty messy, they must have gotten halfway through converting to vtlib
before the 6.0 release.

I think I remember reading on this list that they're planning to make
widget's easier to add in future versions... Fingers crossed.