[Vtigercrm-developers] VT61 Module installer *still* using 777

Alan Lord alanslists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:47:45 GMT 2014

I don't know how many times I need to say this but *nothing* in the
vtiger source tree needs to be rwxrwxrwx - this is just bad practice and
potentially dangerous.

As a matter of fact I do not think any files in the source tree need to
be executable at all. (vtigercron.sh potentially could be but it isn't
actually necessary).

The config.inc.php file should really only be readable by the web server
user as it contains the username & password for the database (so 600 or
640).

Everything else (excluding the logs) should probably just be 644 for
files and 755 for directories.