[Vtigercrm-developers] Cooperation - part 2

Sreenivas Kanumuru svk at vtiger.com
Wed Jul 30 15:29:51 GMT 2014

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,  Blazej. I do understand your time is
precious and appreciate you taking the time to provide it here.

Your points A-G refer to our decision to remove the 'install from file'
option and to add the feature to encrypt the extension file. We did it for
the following reasons

   1. Removing 'Install from File' option - to protect users
   2. Encrypt the Extension - to empower developers (as Matus noted, some
   developers might want it)

Certain assumptions we made were not on the mark. We shared the preview
here in the developers list to ensure we get it right. We are taking
feedback and making corrections.

      1. Add 'Install from File' option  - done
      2. Allow Free extensions installation without loader - pending to be
done shortly

*2 + 20 developers*

While we have 2 dedicated resources for trac, we have 20+ other developers
contributing to improvements to the product (list view search is an example
that was deployed to 6.1 branch recently, many more improvements are
integrated into 6.1)

*2 Business Days*

* If you don’t believe, I can send you modules, and you can try to publish
> them in two days.*

I mentioned that "we will respond to new submissions in 2 business days.".
I meant that we will review and approve or reply to the developer. So, you
are right for complex modules we might need more time to review. But, our
goal is to respond with our findings within 2 business days.

*Encouraging Developers*

*You have done everything you could to discourage us from continuing our
> dialogue and from your product.*

I am sorry you see it that way, but our efforts are to only make Vtiger
open source more stronger and to empower developers.

I welcome your feedback. Though critical, I know it is coming from a well
intended mind.

Regards,
Sreenivas