[Vtigercrm-developers] Ability to remove custom modules - feature request maybe?

Mel m.brummell at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 24 09:39:07 GMT 2014

Hi,
Is there any way of deleting custom modules? Ideally there would be an
uninstall button, but all we can do at the moment (it appears) is disable
modules.

I have also tried the code suggestions i.e. to create a php file with code
along the lines of:

include_once('vtlib/Vtiger/Module.php');

/*
 * Delete a module
 */
$module = Vtiger_Module::getInstance('MyCustomModule');
if($module)
{
    // Delete from system
    $module->delete();
    echo "Module deleted!";
} else {
    echo "Module was not found and could not be deleted!";
}

But this and a slightly different piece of code didn't work for me.

Am I overlooking something in Vtiger 6.1? Is there an obvious way of
uninstalling custom modules?

Mel